The Sloan Consortium today announced “Best-in-Track” sessions, recognizing exceptional speaker submissions for the 6th Annual Sloan-C/MERLOT Emerging Technologies for Online Learning International Symposium, which takes place April 9-11, at the Planet Hollywood Resort, in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Best-in-Track Awards are given to the proposal in each track that has achieved distinction in the review process. The selection is made via any combination of the following: highest combined review score, closest alignment to the conference goals, or recognition for distinction through peer reviewers, with final selection by the conference Program Chair(s) and Conference Chair.
“We received excellent proposals across all six tracks for this year’s symposium, resulting in an exceptional class of Best-in-Track presentations,” said Conference Chair Shari Smith. “Congratulations to our Best-in-Track speakers for delivering on the conference mission with contributions that truly emphasize innovation and inventive uses of technology for improving teaching and learning online.”
The 2013 Best-in-Track Award recipients are:
- Open and Accessible Learning Track: “MOOCs: Monetization Models and Pedagogy as Part of a State University’s Strategic Vision,” Catheryn Cheal, San Jose State University, USA.
- Learning Spaces and Communities Track: “Using Mobile Devices for Informal Learning of regulated Nurses in the Healthcare Workplace,” Dorothy (Willy) Fahlman, Athabasca University, Canada.
- Faculty and Student Development Track: “The Assessment and Development of Student and Faculty Readiness for Online Instruction,” Lynda Randall and JoAnn Carter-Wells, California State University, Fullerton, USA
- Innovative Media and Tools Track: “How to Teach Marketing Using an Interactive Simulation Based on a Real Pharmaceutical Giant,” Martin Rodriguez, IE Business School, Spain
- Evidence-based Learning Track: “Unpacking the Impact of High-Touch Online Instruction: Following the Data Trail Improved Student Outcomes,” Catherine Honig, National Louis University, USA
Best-in-Track Awards will be presented during a luncheon ceremony at the conference. The presentation schedule and descriptions of Best-in-Track sessions may be viewed at http://sloanconsortium.org/conference/2013/et4online/best.
Information about the 6th Annual Sloan-C/MERLOT Emerging Technologies for Online Learning International Symposium, including registration links for onsite and virtual attendance, is available athttp://sloanconsortium.org/conference/2013/et4online/welcome.
The Sloan Consortium is an institutional and professional leadership organization dedicated to integrating online education into the mainstream of higher education, helping institutions and individual educators improve the quality, scale, and breadth of education. For more information, visit http://www.sloanconsortium.org.